Tuesday 9 April 2013

One finished jumper and easter bonnet

Once again I have been lax in getting these posts up but here goes:

I finally finished the jumper for Jbabe. I throughly enjoyed making it and putting it together, even if I thought I was finished, ironed it and found the sleeves were uneven so had to unravel one and do it again. Turned out I had decreased too early.


I am very pleased with the outcome of this and I look forward to making another, in fact it is fair to say I would be so pleased if my girls sported handmade stuff all the time, a bit ambitious but I would love jumpers, cardis and tops to be handmade. Neither are too fussed with dresses though I would definitely have a go at making some if they wanted.
I have a request from Kbabe to make something for her, as it is Spring has still not arrived and I could muster up a jumper, just worried it may suddenly heat up and she won't get the desired wear out of it, so I am looking for something that will keep her cool on warmer days.

Easter has obviously long past us by but I couldn't pop on and not share my 1st attempt at an Easter bonnet.

Kbabe gave me pretty much free reign over this and I decided everyone else would be using those weird looking chicks you see everywhere so I opted to make my own.I loved making this little guy, the pattern of which can be found on lucy ravenscar's blogspot and look forward to next easter as I have plans to go a bit over the top, probably to Mr RuthlessChaos dismay.

Till next time, be ruthless x

No comments:

Post a Comment